html

https://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=5383589609323438103&action=editWidget§ionId=crosscol&widgetType=null&widgetId=HTML2

Monday, January 30, 2012

Gone for a while

Well the season has come to an end for Riley and me. Wow! What a fantastic season we had. The weather cooperated more this year than I can ever remember. Nice dry slopes for 3/4 of the year. And to say there were lots of chukar and huns out there is an understatement.

My shooting was about par for the past 20 years. Birds per hour and per mile about what it has been for as long as I can remember. The hills were still there even though a few of them got a little steeper than I remember in the past, but we still got to the top.

I can't say enough about Riley. He has turned into a chukar getting machine. I don't think there is much he can't do with a chukar. He sometimes seems to know what they are going to do before they do. Riley's pace slowed a little this year. He seems to be more methodical with his pace and finds more birds per mile with less effort. He definitely has a nose and lets it lead him around the mountains. Riley's going to get a little couch time the next week or two.
Hopefully some of injuries and scars will heal up.

He did let me know that these fishing show on T.V. have to go. I'll find him a good hunting channel to watch.
As for me, I'm going to be working to clean up the mess we had up here from the snow we got a few weeks ago followed by a heavy rain storm. Our drive way turned into a river.

I've got two days to get this cleaned up and than I get to have my shoulder operated on. That is followed by an appointment with a long tube on the 9th. You guys over fifty know the procedure I'm talking about. Sometime shortly after that I'm scheduled to get some work done on my left knee because it is feeling a little neglected since my right knee has already been replaced.

Oh ya! I'll get my shotgun back from Browning in May. You remember, it's the gun that took the fall in the place of my body parts on one of my hunts this winter.

Anyhow, it's been a fun year. Since I haven't figured out how to get pictures from most of you guys, I hope maybe you'll send them to Upland Idaho where I can see all the fun things you all are doing while I'm recouping. As soon as I regain the use of my typing finger I'll be back posting on my fun spring outings.

One other thing. Remember guys, the next two and a half months are the best months for training on wild birds. Good Luck.

No comments: