html

https://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=5383589609323438103&action=editWidget§ionId=crosscol&widgetType=null&widgetId=HTML2

Friday, August 26, 2011

The eyes have it

I went for a conditioning hike with Riley yesterday. We had to go to the high country to try and find some cooler areas. The area had plenty of old logging roads and game trails but once you got off of them it was very thick. I was very happy to see Riley's range shorten so much due to the thick country. Even with the shorter range I was glad I had my astro and a beeper collar on Riley. The collar said he was on point at 23 yards but I couldn't locate him. I got closer by pushing the locate beep and finally saw him on point in the thick cover. As I approached a grouse flushed but Riley remained motionless. I made as much noise as possible trying to flush another bird with no luck. No matter what I did Riley would not break point or come to me. I finally decided to beat through the brush and get him. I got about three yards away and noticed his eyes fixed on something. I looked for a couple of minutes and decided he must be still pointing the bird that had already flushed. No coaxing would get Riley to move so I reached out to grab him by the collar. As I did a rough grouse flushed right next to my right hand. Scared the crap out of me and Riley was off to find another.

Just wone word. TRUST

No comments: