html

https://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=5383589609323438103&action=editWidget§ionId=crosscol&widgetType=null&widgetId=HTML2

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A little winter practice

The end to the chukar season was some what undramatic. Although we found birds the conditions were a little rough to say the least. Just getting up and down the hills was tough and both Riley and I ended up limping after the 31st of January. Although the last few hunts were only three hour hunts we managed 68 days hunting chukars this year. I'd say we're a pretty lucky pair. So, with the season done, Riley and I took 10 days off and than limped up the mountain again today hoping to find some birds that would hold good for pointing pictures. Luck was on our side. Here are a few of them to help get you into a winter practice mood with your dog.
I almost stepped on the birds as I took this picture.
I also enjoyed this series of pics on Riley before these birds exploded from above the rocks.
The fun doesn't have to stop when the hunting season closes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures.I like the one where Riley was looking up at the rocks.I'm sure he hates to stop hunting for the year. You can hunt with the camera anyway. Mays really likes his memory foam bed. He doesn't get so stiff, seems to help him out a lot. Its windy and snowy today.We have had a pretty mild winter here this year. I hope to make it to Idaho next fall. Talk to you soon.
Alan

larry szurgot said...

If you do make it down here make sure you get in touch with me. I'd love to meet you in person.

Anonymous said...

Will do Larry. Would be nice to meet you and Riley.Have fun with that camera. Riley can chase those fish in the pond when the weather gets nice.
Alan