html

https://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=5383589609323438103&action=editWidget§ionId=crosscol&widgetType=null&widgetId=HTML2

Friday, March 2, 2018

Tomorrow.

Well, Conner and I had a good time at the sports show last night but I couldn't come up with anybody interested in discussing chukars with me. There was plenty of big game, fishing, guns, taxidermy, etc. to look at. NWTF had a booth there as well as Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited and a few dog trainers, but that was about it for us upland enthusiasts. Probably better that the word doesn't get out there of how gratifying chukar hunting can be. Besides, like I have said, there is not much we can do about the chukar numbers so there isn't much need for a chukar booth except to import more hunters. There was some information about keeping our lands public which I believe is the biggest threat to our great chukar/hun hunting.

Today, Jake and I were chased off the hill because of heavy winds. We left the camera in the truck to work on some steady training. I think this camera stuff has helped promote a little help from Jake at flushing the birds. A couple of trips concentrating on him and not the camera should take care of that.

With that I'll post the rest of my videos that are watchable from the past couple of weeks. Most of you have been in these scenario's so it won't be hard to imagine yourselves and your dogs as the stars. In fact some of this country might be recognizable to some of you. Troy and Rowdy, Greg Munther, Dave Schuler, Karl Dehart, and Matt Hutt are just of few of the chukar nuts I have seen back there.

The quality of these videos is testament that I am not posting for any kind of recognition but more to show you how much I enjoy the chukar mountain. Especially with Jake.

This first video is of Jake on point as I walk below the brush for a flush.

                                                                     
Next is Jake with a little too much help in the flushing process.

                                                                           

Another small covey of chukar.




Here Jake is on point but not sure there's a bird. It ended up being a pretty tight holding pair of huns.

             



This last one is coming down a steep snowy slope. I can't tell you how many times I fell. Twice birds flushed when I fell but Jake held evidently knowing this bird was still there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           



                                                                           

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the videos. That Jake is a pro. Bet he appreciates getting out even if there is no gun. Great exercise for you and Jake.
Alan,Gracie,and Mays