html

https://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=5383589609323438103&action=editWidget§ionId=crosscol&widgetType=null&widgetId=HTML2

Monday, December 2, 2013

See you soon

The 2013 season has come to an end for me. In two days I'll be getting a new knee. I'm not overly excited about the rehab since I know the pain that accompanies knee replacement from my previous experience. I am looking forward to putting 2013 behind me and getting on with life without two of my great friends, Riley and Dakota. I know 2014 is going to be a great year with Jake and the memory of past dogs will smile upon me with each point and retrieve Jake makes.

Enough about me. When I started this blog I said it was about the dogs. Here are a few photos of our last two hunts. It's pretty hard to feel sorry for me when you see the great time I've had because of friends and Jake. My last day out was with Greg Allen and his two girls, Trudi and Katie. Greg is the best chukar hunter I know and he has taught me tons about chukar hunting and GSPs.
Jake entertained me with a mixed bag on our next to last hunt of the year.
He pointed this grouse in a tree as we were heading to the chukar hills.
Some of his points were a little less stylish,

but it got the job done all the same with both chukars

 and huns.
You can still see the puppy in Jakes eyes in this picture. He's only ten months old now and I'm looking forward to the many great years of hunting and entertainment he's going to provide.
See you all soon.

No comments: